Date:      Sat, 05 Dec 2015 14:47:17 -0800
From:      perryh@pluto.rain.com (Perry Hutchison)
To:        vsasjason@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: resizing a memstick image

Anton Sayetsky <vsasjason@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Having downloaded the 10.2 memstick image, I see that it is
> > configured as a 657MB GPT:
> > After I write this onto a 4GB flash drive, how would I go about
> > resizing the GPT and/or protective MBR to reflect the actual size
> > of the drive ...
>
> RTFM: https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/disks-growing.html

Thanks for the pointer.

That section must be new since the 8.1 handbook that I have locally.*
I did check there, and also looked for a newer version on the 10.2
memstick, but it seems not to be included in either the live FS or
the "doc" distribution set :(

*  My Internet connection has been _really flakey_ lately,**
   so I didn't check the online version.

** It works sporadically, but is very slow even then -- email
   eventually gets through -- telco problem, nothing to do with
   FreeBSD.